ua en ru

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported A house on fire in Zaporizhzhia due to Russian attack (Photo: t.me/ivan_fedorov_zp)

On the night of August 30, Russian forces launched a massive attack on Zaporizhzhia with drones and missiles. Strikes were recorded, and there were casualties, according to Ivan Fedorov, head of the Zaporizhzhia Regional Military Administration.

In particular, explosions had been heard in the Zaporizhzhia region since midnight amid the drone attack. Blasts were also reported in Zaporizhzhia itself.

"Private houses were damaged, and a fire broke out - these are the consequences of the enemy strike on Zaporizhzhia. The Russians hit the city with at least three UAVs," Fedorov wrote at 03:29 a.m. Kyiv time.

At the same time, the State Emergency Service clarified that the attack occurred between 01:46 and 01:58 a.m. As a result of the strike, three residential houses caught fire.

"Rescuers extinguished the fire over a total area of 20 square meters. In addition, the blast wave and debris damaged nearby buildings. According to preliminary information, there are no casualties or injuries, with data being updated," the statement said.

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Closer to the morning, the enemy launched Kalibr cruise missiles at Ukraine. It is known that they were heading towards Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia. Fedorov also reported a ballistic missile threat. At the same time, new consequences became known.

"In Zaporizhzhia, some streets lost power as a result of enemy strikes. Power engineers will begin eliminating the consequences as soon as the security situation allows," Fedorov wrote at 04:04 a.m. Kyiv time.

A little later, he published the first photo, noting that a private house in the city had been destroyed.

Масована атака на Запоріжжя: є влучання та поранені (фото)

About half an hour later, he clarified that the Russian forces had attacked the city with several types of weapons. As a result, there were strikes, injuries, and a fire broke out.

“Three people were injured in the enemy attack on Zaporizhzhia… There were hits on residential areas. The fire caused by the strikes is spreading,” the post at 04:38 said.

At present, new footage of the aftermath of the attack has been released.

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Zaporizhzhia hit in heavy attack: Casualties and damage reported

Massive attack on Ukraine

Last night, the enemy launched a massive attack not only on Zaporizhzhia but also on other Ukrainian cities.

First, the Russians launched drones. This began in the evening of August 29 and has continued until now. During this time, explosions were reported in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Cherkasy, Lutsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, and several other cities.

Currently, it is known that the consequences of the strikes are in Zaporizhzhia and Dnipro. There is no information yet about other cities.

Read more about the sequence of attacks during the night in the RBC-Ukraine report.