Iran threatens war beyond Middle East following Trump’s statements — Reuters
Illustrative photo: Iran is preparing for war (Getty Images)
On Monday and Tuesday, the American leader came close to deciding on a new bombing campaign in Iran, but postponed it in order to continue diplomatic negotiations.
"I was an hour away from making the decision to go today," Donald Trump told reporters at the White House.
Despite this, the US president also said that talks with Iran are progressing well and the situation could be resolved "very quickly."
In response, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said that any new attacks could push the war far beyond the region.
"If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time," the statement read.
Iran has previously threatened strikes on Middle Eastern countries hosting US military bases.
The military operation against Iran began on the morning of February 28, 2026. At that time, Israel, together with the United States, carried out strikes on Iranian targets, saying the goal was to eliminate security threats and contain Iran’s nuclear program.
Several months later, the conflict has still not been fully resolved. Formally, active hostilities are currently on pause, but negotiations between the sides have effectively reached a deadlock.
Against this backdrop, media outlets have been regularly reporting that Donald Trump wants to resume military actions against Tehran.