Russians launch massive drone strike on Kharkiv, fire breaks out and casualties reported

Explosions were heard in Kharkiv during the night of April 2 due to a hostile airstrike. Russians struck the city with drones, according to the head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration, Oleh Synehubov, and Kharkiv Mayor, Ihor Terekhov.
The head of the Regional Military Administration informed about explosions in Kharkiv at 00:19 AM. Before that, the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine had tracked the movement of Russian strike drones in the Kharkiv region.
Later, the official reported that explosions had been heard again in Kharkiv.
Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov said that Russia attacked the city using UAVs, and "a fire is visually observed in the Kholodnohirs'kyi district of the city."
The local authorities urged Kharkiv residents to remain in shelters as the drone attack was ongoing, and enemy drones were being detected above Kharkiv.
In Kharkiv's public platforms, more than ten explosions were heard in the vicinity of the city.
"Attention! New groups of enemy UAVs are moving in a southern direction in the Kharkiv region... Attention! Kharkiv - enemy UAVs in the area of the city. Stay in shelters!" says the publication from the Air Force.
"Kharkiv is under a massive attack by Russian drones. At least 15 explosions have been heard in the city," said the head of the Regional Military Administration at 00:49 AM.
He noted that the threat of Russian strikes for the city remains.
Around one in the morning, the head of the Regional Military Administration reported that, preliminarily, there were no casualties in Kharkiv due to enemy UAV strikes. He added that the consequences of the attack are being checked by relevant services.
Night drone strike
Earlier, it was reported that on the evening of April 1, Russian forces launched kamikaze drones toward Ukraine again. This attack occurred after a pause in the use of Shahed drones by the Russian forces the previous night.
On Tuesday evening, the movement of kamikaze drones was recorded from both the southern and northern directions. In a number of regions, an air alert was declared due to the threat of Shahed drone attacks.
Later, it became known that in one of the front-line communities of the Zaporizhzhia region, a person was killed due to a Russian UAV strike.