Jon Bon Jovi returns to stage with surprise appearance by Bruce Springsteen
Jon Bon Jovi (Photo: Getty Images)
Jon Bon Jovi returned to the stage at Madison Square Garden after being forced to cut a concert short just days earlier because of health problems. This time, the performance turned out to be especially memorable when legendary musician Bruce Springsteen unexpectedly joined him on stage, according to Page Six.
Return to the stage
The 64-year-old rocker wrapped up his nine-day New York residency, which was part of his Forever Tour. Just days earlier, the musician had been forced to end a previous concert approximately 90 minutes after it began because of a sinus infection.
Before leaving the stage, the singer addressed the audience and apologized for not being able to deliver his best performance.
“I’m sorry, I’m hurt, and you’re not getting the best of me,” Bon Jovi told the crowd.
At the same time, he asked fans to hold on to their tickets and promised to find a way to make it right. Just a few days later, the musician returned to perform for his New York audience, wrapping up his residency at the iconic venue.
A surprise for fans
The biggest surprise of the night was Bruce Springsteen's appearance. The longtime friends, who both hail from New Jersey, performed “Who Says You Can't Go Home” together. Springsteen then performed his own 1978 hit The Promised Land.
The tour is especially significant for Bon Jovi. It marks his first major return to live performances following vocal cord surgery in 2022. According to the musician, years of performing had seriously affected his voice, and the recovery was a difficult challenge for him.
After nine shows at Madison Square Garden, the Forever Tour will continue in Europe. Bon Jovi's next performance is scheduled for August 28 in Edinburgh.
More to read:
The lead singer of Within Temptation impressed fans with her support for Ukraine from the stage.
8 reasons to attend Sziget 2026.