ua en ru

Empire of drones to protect White House - Trump

Wed, May 20, 2026 - 03:45
3 min
Moreover, the US leader promised to place the entire empire right on the roof of the building
Empire of drones to protect White House - Trump Donald Trump, President of the US (photo: Getty Images)

Through the efforts of US President Donald Trump, the White House is preparing for a major transformation and turning into a defensive fortress. The US leader announced the creation of a special port for drones right on the roof of the historic building, according to The Telegraph.

Trump proudly showed journalists the construction site of the ballroom, which has already begun to be built onto the White House. He called the new hall something incredible, but luxury is not the main thing here. According to the president, the structure will serve as a combat shield.

"On top of the roof, we’re going to have the greatest drone empire you’ve ever seen," Trump declared.

Of course, journalists wanted to know more, as they were interested in the details of the defense. Trump intrigued them with his answer and said that the most important objects are hidden from view.

"The underneath part is far more complex than the upper," he explained.

According to Trump, there are critically important rooms beneath the building that he cannot discuss. The president emphasized the importance of the hidden infrastructure.

He said that people do not see the floors below ground level, where there are very important rooms, the most important ones, and that this had been the only opportunity for the military to act.

Trump specifically highlighted the features of the facility. He said that the roof was protected from drones, that everything was sealed, and that the entire area was completely enclosed, which they were using as a base for drones, where an unlimited number of drones could be deployed, adding that drones were what was being used there at that time.

What is known about Trump's ballroom

This whim of Trump has already become a source of jokes and caused quite a few scandals. For example, the press was shocked that the cost of the building doubled (over $1 billion). And when Trump was asked about this, he called the journalist a "fool" because the hall's area will be twice as large as planned.

Democrats have already called the initiative wasteful and blocked the funding. Despite procedural problems, Republicans have already stated that they will try to rewrite the bill and resubmit it to the Senate.

On April 12, the US Court of Appeals ruled that construction of the new White House ballroom could continue. However, only until April 17.

Or read us wherever it's convenient for you!